Monday, November 15, 2010

You can't fix sorry

People say you can’t fix stupid. I say you can’t fix sorry. There are sorry individuals all over this fair country of ours. I saw something today that made me sick to my stomach. On a “back road” today I ended up behind a car with Illinois plates on it. The drive had their door halfway open while moving. I thought something was broken. I stayed behind the car for about half a mile. Then, they slowed down and turned on their blinker. As she turned into a rough looking apartment complex, the driver then proceeded to throw out an entire bag of trash from a fast food restaurant all over the road. Really? How sorry do you have to be to do that? Are people really that lazy? Growing up in a rural area I am used to seeing trash on the side of the road, but never have I witnessed someone throw out trash in the middle of a metro area where there is quite possibly a trash can on every corner. I know that there are bigger problems in our world, but it starts at the bottom. It took every ounce of my being to not run this slim bag off the road. I can only assume that this type of sorriness is in the DNA. I really have no intellectual thought or analysis behind this. It just bothered me and I wanted to get it off my chest. Any thoughts out there?

2 comments:

  1. I think that saying "this type of sorriness is in the DNA" gives these people an excuse for being how they are. That's almost like it isn't their fault that they are incredibly lazy and they don't care about anyone but themselves. They may have been raised that way, but they can see the world and they should know that that kind of behavior is unacceptable. There are no excuses for acting that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good point Jennifer. I did not think of it that way. The last thing I want to do is make excuses for people acting that way.

    ReplyDelete